Solar Panel Maintenance & Repair Services
WE MAINTAIN AND REPAIR EVERY SOLAR PANEL SYSTEM UNDER THE SUN
No matter who installed it, or what model it is – Freedom Solar can maintain, repair and upgrade any system for maximum energy production and efficiency:
- All Solar Equipment Makes and Models
- Complete Diagnostics
- Expert Solar Panel Repair
- Ongoing Solar Panel Maintenance
- System Updates & Monitoring
Freedom Solar employs a full-time staff of solar experts. If you have a question about your system or need maintenance, Request Service below!
SOLAR PANEL MAINTENANCE & REPAIR SERVICES
- Commercial and Residential
- Solar System Ownership Transfer Assistance
- Roof Leak Investigation and Resolution
- Critter Abatement Solutions
- Performance and Equipment Inspections
- Panel Cleaning and Replacement
- Solar System Assessments and Check Up Reports
- Inverter and Optimizer Replacement
- Manufacturer Warranty Replacement Assistance
- Monitoring Assistance and Solutions
- Low Production Resolution
- Solar Panel Additions for Existing Systems
- Tesla Battery System Maintenance
- Ground Mounts & Carports
- Detachment and Reinstallation for Construction and Roof Repair
- Custom Solar Solutions
- System Training & Education
We offer Solar Panel Maintenance & Repair Services across Texas, Colorado, and Florida including the Austin, Waco, Dallas, Fort Worth, San Antonio, Houston, Colorado Springs, Denver, Fort Collins, Pueblo, Tampa, Orlando, Norfolk-Virginia Beach, Raleigh-Durham metroplexes.
WHO WE ARE
- SunPower Preferred, Authorized Service Provider
- Tesla Certified PowerWall Technicians
- Dedicated Service Coordinators
- Each Service Technician is a 100% Full-time, Vetted Employee – No Subcontractors
- Full Coverage Workers Compensation and Liability Insurance Policies
- Uniformed Crews and Branded Freedom Solar Fleet Vehicles
- Flexible Scheduling
- Project Coordination with Contractors and Inspectors
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
MONITOR AND MAINTAIN YOUR SOLAR PANELS’ OUTPUT
Retrofit your existing system with Performance Monitoring by Freedom Solar Power:
- Ensure that your panels achieve and maintain optimal output
- Real-time data on your system’s solar production
- Personal web-based application keeps you in the know on how your solar panels are performing
Learn more about solar power monitor upgrade options by contacting the Service Department today!
BATTERY AND BACK-UP POWER
Want to guarantee you never lose power again? Ready to go off-grid? Freedom Solar has a solution for you.
- Safety in the event of an emergency
- Prevent loss of productivity, waste of perishable goods
- Eliminate costly repairs like frozen pipes and flooded rooms resulting from outages
- Power off the grid
- Home and commercial systems available
IN NEED OF ROOF REPAIRS OR REMODELING?
Let the experts at Freedom Solar Power carefully detach and re-install your solar system.
- Any make, model or previous install company
- We coordinate service with your contractor
- Return system to equal or greater performance!
Protect your investment. Before work begins on your home or business, contact our Service Department!
Solar Panel Maintenance and Repair Services FAQs
Solar panels rarely need to be repaired thanks to their strength and durability. They can stand up against some of the most inclement weather conditions — even hurricanes. But if conditions are bad enough, sometimes repairs need to take place.
The maintenance cost of solar panels varies depending on your specific provider and the level of work you need done. For example, doing a thorough cleaning and replacing old wires will have different costs. However, your warranty will usually cover these costs. Freedom Solar offers a 25-year warranty covering product, performance and workmanship.
Yes, solar panels can be repaired, but it’s typically better to replace the damaged panels. Call your solar panel provider, and they’ll inspect your system to see whether the fix can happen on-site. If it can’t, a service team member will uninstall your panels, take them in for further inspection and likely replace them with new ones through your provider.
Solar panels are built to be durable, but if they’re ever damaged, weather is typically the culprit. Your area might be prone to heavy rain, wind, snow or something else, but it takes much more than that to damage a system. Extreme weather conditions such as hail from a severe storm or hurricane can crack or otherwise damage a panel.
You’ll know if your solar panel is broken if physical damage, like a severe crack, is noticeable. However, solar panels can still function with less severe cracks. The most reliable way for you to know if your solar panel is broken is to check their energy output during the day and see whether it’s less than normal. Lower output indicates something isn’t working properly. Then, it’s time for you to call your solar provider’s service department.
If a solar panel cracks, don’t try to fix it yourself — contact your service department. Thick, broken glass is dangerous to remove yourself, especially when exposed wiring could cause electrical risks. Your panels are also likely installed on your roof, which makes trying to fix one even more dangerous while at risky heights.
If you have a broken solar panel, call your solar provider. They’ll send a service team member to uninstall the panel. You should never attempt to remove a solar panel on your own. Your service team will either repair it off-site, or recycle the panel at a glass recycling facility. Alternatively, you can post your panel online and give it to someone who will repurpose it.
Solar panel repair work varies depending on the problem. Sometimes a part needs to be reattached, although this is rare. Usually, your solar provider will give you a replacement instead. If you have a bad crack, your provider will generally replace the glass top without interfering with the wiring beneath.
No, you should not pressure-wash your solar panels. Pressure washers are great for cleaning the exterior of your home, such as the gutters, roof and driveway, but they run the risk of damaging your panels. It’s best to find a safer alternative such as a hose or a low-pressure sprayer for cleaning your panels.
When cleaning your solar panels, avoid pressure washers at all costs to prevent damage to the panels. It’s best to use either a hose or low-pressure sprayer with soapy water to thoroughly remove any buildup of dirt, debris or snow. If cleaning in freezing temperatures, make sure the water you use is warm so it doesn’t freeze on the panels.
Solar panels have an average life span of about 25 to 30 years. Depending on how you care for them and the general environment of where you live, they can last shorter or longer than that range. However, as they age, their efficiency declines. About 0.8% of a panel’s energy output is lost every year.