Home Solar Power System Installations
Hassle-Free Residential Solar Energy Services
Solar Panels for Home
Rooftop solar installations on shingle, metal, tile, and flat roofs
- Pre-construction consultation and coordination with your builder/contractor
- Ground mount solar energy systems and solar carports
- Premium SunPower solar technology
- Complete Freedom warranty
Home Battery Backup
- Solar battery backup power systems including Tesla Powerwall and Sonnen
- Home generators including Kohler
- Off grid solar power systems
- Lifetime service and monitoring of the residential solar panel systems we install
- Service of existing systems installed by other companies
- De-installation and re-installation for remodels
- Consultation with your realtor when you sell your home
Are you ready to go solar?
"Super happy with our solar panels and the team that helped us make it happen!
Everyone at Freedom Solar has been amazing. They are true professionals who enjoy the work that they do. By far one of the best purchases we’ve made.”
"Very friendly and professional team of installers and customer support personnel.
Our system was installed on time and at the price that was quoted. I am very happy I chose Freedom Solar."
Why Go Solar?
Home solar power is a smart investment that will save you thousands on household electricity costs, and it is good for the planet by helping to reduce your carbon footprint and improve local air quality. The cost of putting residential solar panels on your home can be less than your electric bill, with a variety of financing options including $0 down and interest rates as low as 2.99%. Learn more about home solar panel costs and how you can save money by making your own solar power.
Who Should Consider Home Solar Panels?
More Texans than ever before are discovering the benefits of residential solar panels. About 282,000 homes in Texas have solar panels today, but solar capacity is projected to grow significantly thanks to our favorable geography, solar-friendly policies, and falling panel prices, which have declined 43 percent in the last 5 years.
Solar power is a smart investment for homeowners. Not only will residential solar panels lower your monthly electric bill, they can also increase the resale value of your house and reduce your carbon footprint. If you are thinking about going solar, there are several factors that determine whether your home is a good fit:
- Shade is one of the most common reasons people cannot go solar. Trees or other impediments to full sunlight throughout the entire day can negatively impact solar panel efficiency.
- For rooftop systems, your roof must be in good condition. South or west exposure is ideal but not necessarily required. Solar can be mounted on all roof materials.
- Depending on the property, ground mount systems and solar carports may be good alternatives if rooftop solar is not feasible.
- The economics of solar generally make sense only if you are planning to stay in your home for at least 2 years. If you are planning to move soon, consider waiting to install solar on your new home!
- If you are building a home, it's less expensive to incorporate solar into your plans from the beginning. We will work with your developer to ensure the process is efficient and seamless for you.
Many life changes can contribute to an increase in household electricity usage that may prompt you to consider home solar panels. These include moving into a larger home, adding to your family with children or older parents moving in, purchasing an electric vehicle, or installing a pool. If your electricity bills have recently gone up, now is the perfect time to see how residential solar panels can lower your bills.
Why Choose Freedom Solar?
Our founder started installing residential solar panels from house to house in Austin in 2007, and thousands of homeowners across Texas later we are the #1 residential solar installer in Texas (GreenTechMedia, 2017). As the leading solar installer and the only SunPower master dealer in the Lone Star State, we offer premium quality products, workmanship, and service. Our highly trained, certified, and experienced team specializes in complex projects, including roof types such as clay tile or Spanish tile, standing-seam metal, tin, corrugated metal, and flat roofs.
Our Seven Steps to Solar process is a turnkey installation approach that makes it simple to install solar panels for your home. We oversee your entire installation and take care of every detail for you, from HOA approval to permitting to inspections. You can relax knowing that you have the most efficient and reliable SunPower solar panels available, backed by the industry's best and most comprehensive 25-year performance, product, and service warranty. The Freedom Solar in-house service department is here to help if you remodel or move.
Freedom Solar installs, monitors, and services home solar systems across the entire state of Texas from our offices in Austin, Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, Houston, and San Antonio. We are the largest distributor of the Tesla Powerwall battery in Texas and offer a full range of home batteries and home generators. Our expert team will help you take advantage of all federal and local solar incentives and rebates.
Let’s Get Started
The time is now to stop renting electricity from the utility. Put solar panels on your house and make your own clean power to get short-term and long-term financial benefits while helping to protect the environment.
Begin Your Free Consultation
We respect your privacy. Your info will only be used to contact you and to qualify your roof for solar.
By clicking “Contact Me” you authorize Freedom Solar to call you and send you pre-recorded messages and text messages at the number you entered above, using an autodialer, with offers about their products or services, even if your phone number is a mobile phone or on any national or state "Do Not Call" list. Message and data rates may apply. Your consent here is not based on a condition of purchase.