Claim your CPS Energy solar rebate and other federal and state incentives before time runs out.
To get started with your free quote, enter your contact info:
- Save thousands on electricity costs
- Incentives make solar more affordable than ever
- Free consultation and custom price quote
- Easy, hassle-free installation process
For a limited time, we are guaranteeing a bill swap when you go solar with the world's most efficient and durable solar technology. We will pay you an installation rebate* equal to the difference between your electric bill and your solar loan payment for 5 years! That means you don't have to pay any more than you're paying today to get SunPower!
CPS Energy offers a one-time $2,500 rebate on qualifying home solar PV systems. Freedom Solar is a CPS registered solar contractor and can help you take advantage of the rebate along with the 26% federal tax credit and other incentives.
Own Solar and Save
Stop renting electricity. Make your own clean power and get short-term and long-term financial benefits while helping protect the environment. The CPS Energy solar rebate and other federal and state incentives will make your system even more affordable.
World's Best Solar
SunPower® offers the world’s most advanced, efficient, and sustainable solar technology, designed in the USA and backed by the industry’s best 25-year product, performance, and service warranty.
Texas #1 Installer
Freedom Solar is trusted by thousands of customers for our craftsmanship and personal attention to detail. We are the only SunPower master dealer in Texas and a registered contractor for the CPS Energy solar rebate.
CPS Energy Solar Rebate
CPS Energy offers an upfront rebate of $2,500 for homeowners who install a solar photovoltaic (PV) system. To be eligible for the rebate, residential solar PV systems must be a minimum of 1 kW AC, installed by a registered solar contractor such as Freedom Solar, attached to a permanent, non-mobile structure, and interconnected behind a net meter.
CPS Energy allocated an additional $15 million in funding for solar rebates starting December 3, 2018.
Learn more about the CPS Energy solar rebate program on the utility's website.
Hassle-Free Residential Solar Energy Services
Solar Panels for San Antonio Homes
Rooftop solar installations on shingle, metal, tile, and flat roofs
- Pre-construction consultation and coordination with your builder/contractor
- Ground mount solar energy systems and solar carports
- Premium SunPower solar technology
- Complete Freedom warranty
Home Battery Backup
- Solar battery backup power systems including Tesla Powerwall and Sonnen
- Home generators including Kohler
- Off grid solar power systems
- Lifetime service and monitoring of the residential solar panel systems we install
- Service of existing systems installed by other companies
- De-installation and re-installation for remodels
- Consultation with your realtor when you sell your home
Why Go Solar?
Home solar power is a smart investment that will save you thousands on household electricity costs, and it is good for the planet by helping to reduce your carbon footprint and improve local air quality. The cost of putting residential solar panels on your home can be less than your electric bill, with a variety of financing options including $0 down and interest rates as low as 2.99%. Contact us to find out how much home solar panels cost and how you can save money by making your own solar power.
Who Should Consider Home Solar Panels?
More Texans than ever before are discovering the benefits of residential solar panels. About 282,000 homes in Texas have solar panels today, but solar capacity is projected to grow significantly thanks to our favorable geography, solar-friendly policies, and falling panel prices, which have declined 43 percent in the last 5 years.
Solar power is a smart investment for San Antonio homeowners. Not only will residential solar panels lower your monthly electric bill, they can also increase the resale value of your house and reduce your carbon footprint. If you are thinking about going solar, there are several factors that determine whether your home is a good fit:
- Shade is one of the most common reasons people cannot go solar. Trees or other impediments to full sunlight throughout the entire day can negatively impact solar panel efficiency.
- For rooftop systems, your roof must be in good condition. South or west exposure is ideal but not necessarily required. Solar can be mounted on all roof materials.
- Depending on the property, ground mount systems and solar carports may be good alternatives if rooftop solar is not feasible.
- The economics of solar generally make sense only if you are planning to stay in your home for at least 2 years. If you are planning to move soon, consider waiting to install solar on your new home!
- If you are building a home, it's less expensive to incorporate solar into your plans from the beginning. We will work with your developer to ensure the process is efficient and seamless for you.
Many life changes can contribute to an increase in household electricity usage that may prompt you to consider home solar panels. These include moving into a larger home, adding to your family with children or older parents moving in, purchasing an electric vehicle, or installing a pool. If your electricity bills have recently gone up, now is the perfect time to see how residential solar panels can lower your bills.
Why Choose Freedom Solar?
Our founder started installing residential solar panels from house to house in Central Texas in 2007, and more than 4,000 homeowners later we are the #1 residential solar installer in Texas (GreenTechMedia, 2017). As the leading solar installer and the only SunPower master dealer in the Lone Star State, we offer premium quality products, workmanship, and service. Our highly trained, certified, and experienced team specializes in complex projects, including roof types such as clay tile or Spanish tile, standing-seam metal, tin, corrugated metal, and flat roofs.
Our Seven Steps to Solar process is a turnkey installation approach that makes it simple to install solar panels for your home. We oversee your entire installation and take care of every detail for you, from HOA approval to permitting to inspections. You can relax knowing that you have the most efficient and reliable SunPower solar panels available, backed by the industry's best and most comprehensive 25-year performance, product, and service warranty. The Freedom Solar in-house service department is here to help if you remodel or move.
The San Antonio-based Freedom Solar team installs, monitors, and services home solar systems across the Alamo City as well as New Braunfels and San Marcos. We specialize in servicing homeowners in the Helotes, Alamo Heights, Schertz, and Congress neighborhoods. top by our Solar Design Center showroom to see the latest solar technology. We are the largest distributor of the Tesla Powerwall battery in Texas and offer a full range of home batteries and home generators. Our expert team will help you take advantage of all federal, state, and local solar incentives and rebates.
Don't forget 2020 is the last year for the 26% Federal Tax Credit. Book now before schedules fill up!
TRADE-IN, TRADE UP SALES EVENT
Don't forget - you don't have to pay more for the world's best solar technology. Trade-in your electric bill for solar and save tens of thousands of dollars over the life of the system. But you have to act fast - this guaranteed bill swap offer ends September 30th!
* Terms and Conditions: Offer valid to homeowners purchasing a new SunPower Equinox system using A-series panels with these Freedom Solar Lending partner financing options: Sunlight 20-year loan at 1.49%, LoanPal 25-year loan at 2.99%, and Sunlight 25-year loan at 2.99%. Freedom Solar will pay the difference between your current annual electric bill and your year-one solar loan payments for a period of 5 years, up to a $1,500 total payment. This will be calculated by subtracting the portion of your current annual electric bill that will be offset by solar from the total amount of your first 12 months of solar loan payments, and then multiplying the sum by five. With utility price inflation, the amount of the loan payments after year five are expected to be equal to or lower than the homeowner's electric bill. Contract must be signed between September 1st, 2020, and September 30th, 2020. Customer will receive rebate payment at the time of installation via the Advocator app. Customer must register in the app to receive payment.