Claim your Austin Energy rebate and tax incentives before time runs out.
To get started with your free quote, enter your contact info:
- Save thousands on electricity costs
- Incentives make solar more affordable than ever
- Free consultation and custom price quote
- Easy, hassle-free installation process
TEXAS RECOVERY SPECIAL: We want to help our neighbors get back on their feet as summer energy bills are on the rise. Become more self-sufficient with solar power, and let us handle your payments through 2020. With this limited-time offer* you will owe no solar loan payments until 2021.
Austin Energy offers a one-time $2,500 rebate on qualifying home solar PV systems. Freedom Solar is a registered solar contractor for Austin Energy and can help you take advantage of the rebate along with the 26% federal tax credit and other incentives.
Own Solar and Save
Stop renting electricity. Make your own clean power and get short-term and long-term financial benefits while helping protect the environment. The Austin Energy solar rebate and other federal and state incentives will make your system even more affordable.
World's Best Solar
SunPower® offers the world’s most advanced, efficient, and sustainable solar technology, designed in the USA and backed by the industry’s best 25-year product, performance, and service warranty.
Texas #1 Installer
Freedom Solar is trusted by thousands of customers for our craftsmanship and personal attention to detail. We are the only SunPower master dealer in Texas and a certified Austin Energy solar installer.
Austin Energy Solar Rebate
The Austin Energy solar photovoltaic (PV) rebate is available to homeowners who complete the Austin Energy Solar Education Course prior to applying for the rebate, select an approved contractor, such as Freedom Solar, to install a 3kW (AC) or larger system that is mostly free of shading, and apply for and receive a Letter of Intent (LOI) prior to system installation.
The rebate is not available to homes with existing solar PV systems or for leased solar PV systems. Visit the Austin Energy solar rebate website to learn more about program eligibility and how to apply.
Hassle-Free Residential Solar Energy Services
Solar Panels for Austin Homes
Rooftop solar installations on shingle, metal, tile, and flat roofs
- Pre-construction consultation and coordination with your builder/contractor
- Ground mount solar energy systems and solar carports
- Premium SunPower solar technology
- Complete Freedom warranty
Home Battery Backup
- Solar battery backup power systems including Tesla Powerwall and Sonnen
- Home generators including Kohler
- Off grid solar power systems
- Lifetime service and monitoring of the residential solar panel systems we install
- Service of existing systems installed by other companies
- De-installation and re-installation for remodels
- Consultation with your realtor when you sell your home
Why Go Solar?
Home solar power is a smart investment that will save you thousands on household electricity costs, and it is good for the planet by helping to reduce your carbon footprint and improve local air quality. The cost of putting residential solar panels on your Austin home can be less than your electric bill, with a variety of financing options including $0 down and interest rates as low as 2.99%. Contact us to find out how much Austin home solar panels cost and how you can save money by making your own solar power.
Who Should Consider Home Solar Panels?
More Austinites than ever before are discovering the benefits of residential solar panels. About 282,000 homes in Texas have solar panels today, but solar capacity is projected to grow significantly thanks to our favorable geography, solar-friendly policies, and falling panel prices, which have declined 43 percent in the last 5 years.
Solar power is a smart investment for homeowners. Not only will residential solar panels lower your monthly electric bill, they can also increase the resale value of your house and reduce your carbon footprint. If you are thinking about going solar, there are several factors that determine whether your home is a good fit:
- Shade is one of the most common reasons people cannot go solar. Trees or other impediments to full sunlight throughout the entire day can negatively impact solar panel efficiency.
- For rooftop systems, your roof must be in good condition. South or west exposure is ideal but not necessarily required. Solar can be mounted on all roof materials.
- Depending on the property, ground mount systems and solar carports may be good alternatives if rooftop solar is not feasible.
- The economics of solar generally make sense only if you are planning to stay in your home for at least 2 years. If you are planning to move soon, consider waiting to install solar on your new home!
- If you are building a home, it's less expensive to incorporate solar into your plans from the beginning. We will work with your developer to ensure the process is efficient and seamless for you.
Many life changes can contribute to an increase in household electricity usage that may prompt you to consider home solar panels. These include moving into a larger home, adding to your family with children or older parents moving in, purchasing an electric vehicle, or installing a pool. If your electricity bills have recently gone up, now is the perfect time to see how residential solar panels can lower your bills.
Why Choose Freedom Solar?
Our founder started installing residential solar panels from house to house in Austin in 2007, and more than 4,000 homeowners later we are the #1 largest residential solar installer in Texas (GreenTechMedia, 2016-2018). As the leading solar installer and the only SunPower master dealer in the Lone Star State, we offer premium quality products, workmanship, and service. Our highly trained, certified, and experienced team specializes in complex projects, including roof types such as clay tile or Spanish tile, standing-seam metal, tin, corrugated metal, and flat roofs.
Our Seven Steps to Solar process is a turnkey installation approach that makes it simple to install solar panels for your home. We oversee your entire installation and take care of every detail for you, from HOA approval to permitting to inspections. You can relax knowing that you have the most efficient and reliable SunPower solar panels available, backed by the industry's best and most comprehensive 25-year performance, product, and service warranty. The Freedom Solar in-house service department is here to help if you remodel or move.
The Austin-based Freedom Solar team installs, monitors, and services home solar systems across the Capitol City metro area. We specialize in servicing homeowners with solar panels and backup power systems in Austin, Sunset Valley, Westlake, Rollingwood, Dripping Springs, Driftwood, Buda, Kyle, Bastrop, Lakeway, Lago Vista, Liberty Hill, Leander, Georgetown, Cedar Park, Round Rock, Pflugerville, Manor, and Elgin. You can visit our Solar Design Center showroom at the Hill Country Galleria in Bee Cave to see the latest solar technology. We are the largest distributor of the Tesla Powerwall battery in Texas and offer a full range of home batteries and home generators. Our expert team will help you take advantage of all federal, state, and local solar incentives and rebates.
* Terms and Conditions: Only available to homeowners purchasing a new SunPower solar power system with any financing option provided by a Freedom Solar lending partner. Contract must be signed between July 1st, 2020 and July 31st, 2020. Lenders will defer payments for the first 60 days of the loan, and upon system installation Freedom Solar pay an amount equal to three months’ of solar loan payments to the customer via the Advocator app. Customer must register in the app to receive payment.