+ PV Designer - Austin, TX (Remote)
Freedom Solar is the longest-running and largest solar installer in the state of Texas. Founded in Austin in 2007, Freedom Solar now serves every corner of Texas, Denver, and Colorado Springs. Our reputation in both residential and commercial solar is based on our dedication to quality and service.
The PV Designer is responsible for designing and developing solar panel installation site plans. The PV Designer will complete calculations to size the solar energy system, select its components, determine the appropriate storage, and establish all projects' electrical and mechanical specifications.
This is a work from home remote position!
· Reviews designs for compliance with code and local AHJ requirements
· Creates and uploads multiple bills, typically 10, of material (BOM) in a timely fashion
· Reviews site assessment and submit to an outside designer to prepare for permit drawing packets
· Creates permit drawing packages using AutoCAD
· Coordinates with other sales, site assessment, permitting, operations and installation teams for engineering support as needed
· Provides technical support to troubleshoot design and/or other technical issues
· Responds to emails/calls about design-related questions
· Assists with other duties as assigned by Design Manager
· Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer-Aided Drafting, Degree in Math, Engineering, or Science related field
· 2 years of PV Design experience highly preferred
· NABCEP Certified PV Installation Professional Credential
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledge in AutoCAD, Aurora, Microsoft Office
· Skilled in electrical design concepts
· Familiarity with residential energy storage products and design, e.g. Tesla Powerwall, LG Chem, Enphase battery, Outback, Schneider Electric, etc.
· Strong verbal/written communication skills
· Hard-working & Positive attitude
· Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
· Highly Detail-oriented