+ Multimedia Production Marketing Intern
The Multimedia Production Marketing Intern will work closely with the Marketing Director to produce the Texas Energy Lab weekly radio show on Talk 1370AM and podcast, a half-hour interview-based show covering sustainability and innovation in the Lone Star State. This intern will develop video, audio, and social media content that will create awareness of the show and help us develop business opportunities for Freedom Solar, the show’s title sponsor and #1 solar installer in Texas.
What will you be doing?
- Develop a strategic plan for the show direction based on company goals, audience insights, and available resources
- Identify, contact, and book guests for the show and coordinate scheduling between the show hosts, guests, and station
- Design, develop, create, and distribute supporting multimedia content before, during, and after each episode (photos, videos, shareable snippets of audio and/or video, written stories, etc.) for Freedom Solar and guests to use for marketing purposes on an ongoing basis
- Build rapport and partner with guests to share and ensure broader distribution of content and to expand the awareness, reach, and engagement of the show
As part of this internship, there may be other opportunities to build multimedia content for Freedom Solar outside the scope of the radio show (e.g. stop-motion video of a solar installation in progress or capturing drone footage of projects including still and motion video), if time permits and as mutually agreed.
What experience is required for the role?
- A track record of creating multimedia content, commensurate with undergraduate coursework. Candidates are encouraged to include a portfolio of your work with the application.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate DSLR camera equipment (still photography and video)
- Ability to operate a drone preferred
- Understanding of basic composition and techniques
- Previous experience assisting on photo and video shoots
- Some knowledge of or experience with photo, video, and audio editing
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Premiere) preferred
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has their own computer and other camera equipment
- Is comfortable handling multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Is a problem-solver who can roll with changes and get things done in the face of obstacles
- Is a self-starter who can jump in and contribute
- Is a collaborator and team player
- Is adaptable, able to pivot and move forward with new constraints
- Is able to anticipate needs and develop detailed action plans
Must be available for 5 to 10 hours per week, at least half of which will be onsite at our Westlake studio for the show recording (typically Thursdays at 10am but can adjust as necessary) and at Freedom Solar’s office in south Austin.
This is a hands-on, paid internship that will last through December with the possibility of extending the internship into the spring semester.