+ Commercial Lead Installer - Austin
Purpose: Manages a commercial system installation crew responsible for installing systems from 10kW – 1MW.
- Clearly communicate start times and work orders with the crew.
- Holds safety meetings daily, before any work if performed on site.
- Organizes a job site and keep organized throughout the entire construction process.
- Installs racking system per manufacture’s specifications and Freedom Solar plans on different roof types.
- Develops field plans for wiring configuration for DC circuits and grounding of the array
- Manages the panel installation per plans and local codes
- Installs DC and AC equipment per plans and local codes
- Commissions PV systems safely
- Tests system components while the system is operational. Report all findings/issues to the Project Manager
- Assists in system designs and procurement for commercial systems
- Works with city and utility officials to constantly improve design and install methods; Attends city and utility inspections
- Performs other duties as assigned by Project Manager
- Valid Apprentice Electrician license required; Valid Journeyman Electrician license highly preferred
- Valid driver’s license required
- Valid OSHA 10; OSHA 30 highly preferred
- Valid forklift certification highly preferred
- 2+ years of commercial solar installation experience required
- Prior crew supervisory or equivalent experience required
- Prior electrical experience preferred
- Frequent travel required; up to 50% per year
- Knowledge of local electrical codes
- Knowledge of commercial PV design and components
- Knowledge of basic trades: roofing, carpentry, plumbing, and metal framing
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, wiring schematics, and electrical instructions
- Ability to make field changes and communicate with Project Manager
- Ability to test voltages from 10V – 1000VDC / 120V – 480VAC
- Ability to manage up to 20 installers on one project
- Ability to receive and distribute instructions
- Ability to communicate problems to Project Manager
- Ability to drive a truck and trailer safely
- Ability to operate heavy equipment: skid-steer, forklift, reach boom, scissor lift, articulating boom lift, and skytrack.
- Ability to fly a DJI Phantom drone safely