+ Commercial Lead Installer
Lead a Commercial system installation crew responsible for installing systems from 10kW – 1MW+.
- Valid Apprentice Electrician license
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid OSHA 10 (30 is preferred)
- Knowledge of local electrical codes
- Knowledge of commercial PV design and components
- Knowledge of basic trades: roofing, carpentry, plumbing, and metal framing
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, wiring schematics, and electrical instructions
- Ability to make field changes and communicate with Project Manager
- Ability to test voltages from 10V – 1000VDC / 120V – 480VAC
- Ability to manage up to 10 installers on one project
- Ability to receive and distribute instructions
- Ability to communicate problems to Project Manager
- Ability to Travel up to 50% in a year
- Ability to drive a truck and trailer safely
- Ability to fly a DJI Phantom drone safely
- Commercial solar installation experience
- Installation team leadership experience
- Electrical experience recommended
Scope of Work:
- Clearly communicate start times with the crew.
- Attend safety meetings daily, before any work is performed on site.
- Install racking system per manufacturer’s specifications and Freedom Solar plans on different roof types.
- Install DC and AC equipment per plans and local codes
- Commission PV systems safely
- Test system components while the system is operational. Report all findings/issues to the Project Manager
- Assist in system designs and procurement for residential systems
- Work with city and utility officials to constantly improve design and install methods
Job Type: Full-time