Customer Assistance for Recent Hail Storms in Austin
October 4, 2023
Dear Freedom Solar Customers,
We understand that the recent unusually severe hail storms in Austin have left some of you in need of roof repairs or solar panel repairs. We’re here to help.
If you believe your solar system has damage due to this act of nature, or if you are pursuing roof repairs and need us to detach your solar panels and then reinstall, please schedule a service request via our website form. We have received many requests this week, so please allow us up to 3 business days to get back to you — we will reach out to you by phone and email as quickly as we can.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does weather damage fall under my 25-year solar warranty or my homeowner’s insurance?
- Acts of nature fall outside of the 25-year solar warranty and fall into homeowners’ insurance coverage. When we complete a solar inspection for any weather damage, we will provide you with a report that you can share with your homeowners’ insurance.
- Will this affect my 25-year warranty?
- Nope! As long as you have Freedom Solar Power (the warranty service provider) complete any repairs or detach and reinstallation services, your equipment and workmanship warranties will remain fully intact, providing you with peace of mind.
- How much do repairs cost?
- In many cases, home insurance covers the labor cost for panel removal and reinstallation. Costs vary depending on model of your system and the repairs needed.
- For the site inspection to submit to your insurance, we charge a $250 fee for that initial visit, but we always recommend that you ask your insurance to reimburse the fee to you!
We’re here to ensure your solar investment stays protected. If you have any questions or need assistance, please reach out to us anytime.