Tips & Tricks for Maximizing Your Solar This Summer
June 16, 2020
Summer is the peak time of year for your panels and with the Texas sun shining down on us, it’s time for your panels to soak up all the rays they can. Just like a car, your panels should be regularly checked to make sure they’re performing as efficiently as possible. Here are a few quick steps you can take to ensure peak performance.
- Ensure that your system is working properly.
- Inspect panels regularly. We recommend visually inspecting your panels twice a year. It’s important to check for any debris build-up or rodent nesting activity.
- Make sure to keep your trees trimmed. To ensure that you’re maximizing your solar output, inspect the trees around your roof to make sure that they are trimmed and not causing any shading.
Here are a few more tips to make your energy use efficient and cost-effective this summer – whether you’re making your own power or not.
- Replace light bulbs with LEDs.
- Turn off standby modes when appliances aren’t in use.
- Run your high energy appliances (dishwasher, etc.) during the day.
Making sure your home and appliances are running efficiently will help you keep your electricity costs down. As we all know Summer tends to be when our electric bills are the most expensive. Which makes Summer the perfect time to consider adding solar to your home. Going solar will provide you with energy independence and protection against cost fluctuations which lead to high electric bills. Contact us today to see if going solar might be right for you.