Freedom Solar Power: The Solution to Increased Electricity Bills in Florida
October 30, 2023
Florida residents are facing increased electricity bills this year due to a spike in natural gas prices, with no end in sight. Read on to learn how much to expect bills to increase, but how solar power can help you take matters into your own hands.
How are rates increasing in Florida?
- Tampa—TECO Energy bills increased by 10% and OUC bills increased by $13 per month. This is a significant increase in costs for many families and businesses.
- Orlando— OUC customers will pay $13 dollars more on their monthly electricity bills.
But if you go solar, you can lock in your electricity rates and generate your own power from the sun – say goodbye to those big electricity bills!
Solar power is a great solution for Florida residents who are looking to reduce their electricity bills and save money. Solar panels can generate electricity from the sun, which means that you can produce your own power and reduce your reliance on the grid.
Benefits of solar power for Florida residents
There are many benefits to solar power for Florida residents, including:
- Save money on your electricity bills: Florida has abundant sunlight: Florida is one of the sunniest states in the country. This means that solar panels can generate a lot of electricity in Florida. Solar panels can help you save significantly on your electricity bills. In fact, many homeowners and businesses pay off the cost of their solar panels within a few years of installation.
- Protect yourself from rising electricity rates: The cost of electricity is expected to continue to rise in the coming years. Solar panels can help you protect yourself from these rising rates by locking in your electricity costs for the next 25 years or more.
- Increase the value of your home: Solar panels can increase the value of your home by up to 4%. This is because solar panels make your home more energy-efficient and attractive to potential buyers.
- Reduce your carbon footprint: Solar power is a clean and renewable energy source. By switching to solar, you can help to reduce your carbon footprint and protect the environment.
Switching to solar?
If you’re looking for more options to choose from when it comes to your home energy needs, solar could be the perfect solution. While every homeowner should consider switching to solar energy, not every home is ideal for solar. The number of sunny days in your region, the surface area and slope of your roof, and the number of trees around your property can all impact your solar energy potential.
That’s why solar companies use a Sun Number Score to help customers figure out how much they could save with solar energy.
In other words, solar energy is a customizable solution that can be tailored to your specific home and energy needs. No matter where you live or what your home looks like, there’s a good chance that solar can help you save money and reduce your carbon footprint.
Florida Solar Incentives
Florida offers a number of financial incentives to homeowners and businesses who go solar, including:
- Federal Solar Investment Tax Credit (ITC): This credit allows you to deduct 30% of the cost of your solar system from your federal income taxes. The ITC is available to both homeowners and businesses, and it applies to the entire cost of the system, including installation.
- Florida Solar and CHP Sales Tax Exemption: Florida exempts solar and combined heat and power (CHP) systems from the state sales tax. This can save you a significant amount of money, especially if you have a large solar system.
- Florida Property Tax Abatement for Renewable Energy Property: Florida exempts renewable energy property from property taxes. This includes solar energy systems, wind turbines, and geothermal systems. This exemption can help to offset the upfront cost of installing a solar system.
- Net Metering: Net metering is a billing arrangement that allows you to sell any excess solar energy you generate back to your utility company at the retail rate. This means that you can offset your electricity bills with the credits you earn from selling excess solar energy.
If you are considering going solar in Florida, be sure to research all of the available incentives and benefits. With so many financial and environmental benefits, solar is a great investment for Florida homeowners and businesses.
How to get started with solar in Florida
Solar power is the perfect solution for Florida residents who are facing increased electricity bills. Solar panels can help you save money on your electricity bills, protect yourself from rising electricity rates, increase the value of your home, and reduce your carbon footprint.
If you’re considering going solar, Freedom Solar is here to help you make the right decision and choose the best solar system for your needs. We can assess your property and energy needs to develop a customized solar system for you, and work with you to get the necessary permits and approvals before installing your solar system and connecting it to the grid.Contact us today at (800) 504-2337 or complete our online inquiry form to learn more about how we can help you save money on your energy bills.