The Solar Sales Coordinator (SSC) is responsible for contacting, qualifying and scheduling interested consumers for appointments with Energy Consultants (EC), who will create a customized solar proposal to review with the homeowner at the scheduled appointment (online or at the home).
In this role, you will develop sales skills through repetition and world-class coaching. You will become familiar with most aspects of the solar industry and have an opportunity to make a huge impact on the state of Texas through saving homeowners money while improving the environment. There are opportunities for promotion within the inside sales team as well as opportunities to expand into outside sales setting by running in-person consultations, staffing events, and managing retail locations as an Energy Consultant or Energy Advisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Contact, qualify, and schedule appointments with homeowners who have expressed interest in solar.
- Obtains client information by answering telephone calls; interviewing clients; verifying information.
- Determines eligibility by comparing client information to requirements.
- Deliver messages through simple scripts with your own added personality. Have the coachability to receive and implement technical sales and solar coaching.
- Achieve specific calling and conversion goals.
- Provide a pleasant buying experience for customers while assertively pursuing every opportunity.
Marginal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide creative ideas to improve performance and morale
- Assist with other areas of the business as needed (retail, sales, marketing, events)
- Generate new leads for the sales team. Ex: through referral calling campaigns, sponsorship events, or personal networking
Skills and Qualifications
- Verbal Communication, Phone Skills, Listening, Data Entry Skills, People Skills, Informing, Customer Focus, Customer Service, Attention to Detail, Professionalism, Multi-tasking.
- Ability to work hard, be coachable, and accomplish set goals.
- Maturity to work well independently and as part of a team.
- An excellent work/education record and are eligible for rehire with previous employers.
- Experience in solar or phone sales is a plus.
- Passion for or to learn about renewable energy and solar.
Guaranteed base pay plus bonuses. An increase in pay plus a full benefits package will become available upon successfully completing 90 days.